all the cool kids!

you are getting very sleepy...when i snap my fingers you will follow this blog! leave tasty comments! and check out my OTHER blogs! Bruce's Evil Twin stupid stuff I see and hear The Dreamodeling Guy dreamodeling! The Guy Book The Guy Book


the blogdog blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Waiting on whatever? Take a nap…

TRENDING NOW!!! TRENDING NOW!!! 
 1.Sara Gilbert 2.Emma Stone Tattoo 3.Natalie Portman 4.Aly Michalka 5.Cablevision

6.Tyra Banks 7.Homer Simpson 8.Mountain Goat At… 9.401(k) Plans 10.Smartphones 

     Waiting is difficult. Our society has become very immediate. We are in constant contact with each other. You want to talk you call by cell, jum,p on FB or send a text When you call, FB, or text you leave a message and then wait for a response. Most times it is immediate.It is a problem when it is not.
     When the alarm on my smartphone goes off in the morning, I hit the snooze at least once… (Liar…It is far more than once) The alarm will keep on making noise until you silence it. I do love those 10 minute naps from 6 am until 6:50. At 6:50 I HAVE to begin my day…I have to start my routine…
     My smartphone just rebooted itself. It decided to shutdown and restart. I can accept that. It is on 24/7 and wanted to take a nap cuz I like to nap occasionally. Mebbe it is smarter than I had known…it seemed to find  a little NapWindow...all on its own...
     When the phone turns back on, I wonder how many super important phone calls, e-mails and texts I have missed…the sad truth is none…I guess I am not an immediate concern to anyone right now…That is a good thing…
     However, society is no longer patient. We want what we want when we want it. Is it any wonder there is a debt problem in the USA? Most of us have been guilty of buying something on credit that we did not really need. but we really wanted...SSSOOO BADDD... Buying on credit is a national past time. I think it has surpassed baseball as the number one national past time. Watching baseball affords many NapWindows…And before you make an impulse purchase you should really sleep on it...NapWindow alert!
     I was watching and infomercial the other night. I do not know why. It caught my eye. The saddest thing about it is not only that I watched it for more than a minute, but that I cannot remember what they were trying to sell me.
     It must have been REALLY cool, though, cuz I thought about it for more than the time it takes to click the remote to the next instant gratification. I know it was in three easy payments of $29.95…mebbe it was four. Whatever. It was UberCool. Or so I thought at the time it was.
     The problem is that as a society we are so overloaded with the latest buzz that we are unable to process all the information that we see. Even when it is a UberCool must-have-thing-a-ma-jiggy, we lack the ability to process the information. Or mebbe you took a nap…Jus’ Sayin’…
     We are immediately gratified in most things social. But the service industry is still lacking like when you are waiting for a utility company. For some reason they are still on 1970’s time. They will be there when they get there and will graciously give you a 4 hour window of time when they will show. Yawn! Think I will take a nap…
     I am waiting for DTE to come out and check/change my meter. I think I will smoke a cigarette right next to the guy or gal that comes to do the service. Will that light a fire under his/her butt? I check my smoke pack...only two smokes... that is a problem...that is poor planning... this could be a long 4 hours...short on the smokes and having to wait...
     This inconsiderate four hour block is a looking like an excellent NapWindow!!! But as soon as I relax enough to catch a little shut eye, they will show... It is like some karmic constant. It sounds negative, but it is not…it is a trained response to the historical data of my experience…
     I do not fault the service techs…I fault the companies that want you to pay on their time table but cannot afford you the same courtesy of respecting your time when they determine that it is time to do a service for you….
     Finally, around 11:30, the tech shows up. As it turns out there is nothing wrong with the meter. Someone got the wrong meter number attached to our address. Looks like someone in Mega-corporation American was perusing the NapWindow senarios in lieu of  their job...Millions of qualified people out of work and this is the best DTE can do??? The tech leaves...I leave... I head to work...
     Fifteen minutes later I get a call from DTE... They need to come out and service the vent for the meter...WTF couldn't they do that while the tech was here?my wife points out tha it is prolly a different tech that does that work. Job security at its finest...Wow, I am so in need of a NapWindow...abject incompetence is really tiresome...    
     I am a creature of routine. I need my morning rituals to stay consistent. I like to plan my work and work my plan. I do not like the CheeFuking that ensues when some inconsiderate mega-corporation decides what my routine will be...
     Sanity is being able to let it go when it is out of your control and accept the world does not care about your plan, or your desire to be immediately gratified…and finding the right time to take a nap…
thru click and ad and save some puppies!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hate waiting for deliveries and tradesmen. feel like sending them an invoice for my time

    ReplyDelete

spam sucks...
so till the spammers are extinct...never... I will have a captcha...